Pastor Matt began has been teaching a series on Kingdom Purpose.
In 2020, many of us struggled to stay focused because it took everything we had to stay afloat. We experienced:
• A tremendous loss of life, grief and suffering - we focused on survival.
• Coronavirus – we focused on social distancing, masks and development of a vaccine
• Racial injustice – we focused on protests, legislation and safety
• Presidential and local elections – we focused on candidates, policies, rhetoric and fact checking
• Disunity in the Body of Christ – sadly, we focused on candidates, policies, rhetoric and fact checking.
• Job layoffs and unemployment – we focused on a stimulus and opening the economy
The underlying focus of many of these issues was the fight against fear, hatred and injustice. Many were challenged to keep the effects of these issues out of their "lifeboat". Again, it took everything we had to stay afloat. I understand.
Through it all, the Lord took us even further by faith in 2020 and our faith journey will continue in 2021. But the Lord is saying, now it is time to refocus on Me. It’s time to get in step with Me. I am bigger. I am doing something greater. It’s time to shake off all of the negativity that permeated 2020 and see a move of God in and through your life as the church in 2021.
It is time to repent and rise up for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
In 2021, we will realign our hearts, minds, speech, desires and actions with the Kingdom of God. In 2021, we will seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness. In 2021, we will become Kingdom Focused.
Join us on Sundays as we strive to seek first the kingdom of God.
Scripture tells us in Matthew 6:33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Click to begin listening.
Wednesday Bible Study
Join us on Wednesday nights online. Click on the Live Stream tab or catch the message on Facebook at Bethany Worship Center - Katy. We are studying the word of God to better understand and live out its principles. We want to be hearers and doers of the Word.
Currently we are studying about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit during our Sunday and Wednesday services.
Join us and gain a greater understanding of the word to apply in your daily lives.